Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jeremiah (2002)

After my abrupt decison of cancelling the freewebs site, I decided I should write my reviews right here. As of now, all my reviews will take place on this blog and nowhere else. That is due to the fact that freewebs has a shitty page editor which loads hard as shit if you don't have a very good internet connection, which I have to admit, I am lacking right now.
Anyway, let's get on to the review. I know I planned to release it on January 22nd, so it's too early to write it according to my standards, but it's a pleasure to me to write on my good ol' blogger blog I haven't been using for a few months now. Well, that time passed! It's long gone! Now, this blog turns into my own review shrine.
Jeremiah was a science - fiction show aired by MGM (Metro Goldwin Mayer - the worst producers that could have done this show in my opinion! They suck at getting along with people for too much time). It stars Luke Perry, well known from the Beverly Hills 90210 show as Jeremiah, the main character, and Malcolm Jamal Warner (from Malcolm and Eddie) as the other main character, Kurdy, Jeremiah's partner along the series. I can say this is one of the few SF shows I liked, except for Star Wars, of course. That one is so awesome that no SF can go before it. But let's leave Star Wars for now.
In "Jeremiah", the story focuses on the main character, living in a post-apocalyptic world. A world that has been struck by a disease called The Big Death (apparently created by people), a disease which wiped out everyone over the age of poverty and left children take care of themselves. Jeremiah searches for his father, who went to a place called Walhalla Sector. A lot of background story emerges during the episodes, as we find out more about the characters, despite the fact that every episode has it's own main story. Anyway, let's get back to the main plot. Jeremiah and Kurdy reach Thunder Mountain, former military base, now refuge for people that want to form a new civilisation and restore the world as it used to be before The Big Death. At the end of Season 1, Walhalla Sector's secrets are revealed, and finally Thunder Mountain defeats them. Season 2 focuses on a "new enemy". He stays against Thunder Mountain leading the new world. Apparenly his name is Daniel, but, in fact, that turns out to be just a name. OK, that's enough spoilers. All that's left to say about season 2 is that Sean Astin joins the cast, as Mister Smith, a guy that can talk to God. This new character turns out to be a great addition to the series. At least I liked it.
The only minus I've got is that the producers didn't get along with MGM anymore and dropped the show when Season 2 ended. Damn!
The Soundtrack is composed by Tim Truman (got Looking at Forever - season 2 intro theme - in my playlist) and it's made out of some great songs.

OK, now for the marks:
Story: 9/10
Acting: 8/10
Effects: 8/10
Soundtrack: 10/10
Overall: 8,7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment