Friday, April 30, 2010

Prison Break: The Conspiracy

OK, this isn't actually what you'd ordinary call a review. I'd rather not call it a review because if I do, then people will start bragging that I don't know what a review is. No, no, no. I know exactly what a review is, but in this case all I want is to share my opinions on this game.
First off, I'm disappointed because you don't play as Michael Scofield. He did a lot of stuff and could have done even better in the game. On the other hand, company agent Tom Paxton has a completely different story and he only watches the cons escape. Maybe it's not 100% bad playing as Paxton, but we gotta admit it, Prison Break isn't Prison Break without Michael Scofield. Also, some character designs are totally different from how the characters looked like in the series.
The graphics are great. Makes you feel like you're actually watching the series, as the characters look very close to real people. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit because I haven't played too many next generation games until now, but this is my opinion.
The voice acting is good. Some of the original cast provided voices for their characters (including Wentworth Miller for Michael, Dominic Purcell for Lincoln, Peter Stormare for Abruzzi and others). The soundtrack is poor, though. Just a few tracks Ramin Djawadi composed for the series are heard now and then. And a few background tracks.
The gameplay is mediocre, in my opinion. I didn't like the way the camera was centered on the upper half of the playable character's body. I mean, if you make a third person make it complete, right? The fighting is easy (well, it was for me, as I chose the easiest game difficulty), I don't even know where my health bar is. They don't show it to me at all. There are certain key sequences that you need to press (thank God I have fast fingers!) from time to time, when a certain action happens, and there are also stealth scenes where you have to stay clear of guards, maintainance staff, cameras or searchlights (fuck those searchlights they're so god damn annoying!). And that's about it.
The story is based on season 1 of the original PB series. Tom Paxton, a company agent, is sent to make sure Lincoln Burrows dies on the electric chair. For that he must find out what is Michael Scofield planning and stop him. During his search, Paxton is betrayed by the company who will end considering him disposable. Now Paxton has a hard choice to make. Keep helping the Company and end up dead or change sides and break out of prison with Scofield's gang. You can see what happens if you play the game. I don't wanna spoil everything here.
OK, now for the final scores:
Gameplay: 7/10
Story: 9/10
Soundtrack: 8/10
Graphics: 9/10
Final mark: 8.2/10
Gamespot
I don't believe it! Gamespot gave this game 2.5! Well, what can I say?! Gamespot assholes, go back to your Counter Strike and stop giving bad marks to good games! You don't have to rate the game so low just because of the stealth, jeez!

0 comments:

Post a Comment