Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finally some updates

1) A little note concerning my Mafia 2 review
I did give it a 10/10 and I do consider it a must play, even though it lacks the good ol'freeride and it doesn't have multiplayer (but that's not a drawback since Mafia 1 didn't have multiplayer either) which may be annoying for someone whose friends are all a bunch of gamers and like playing games together. In my case, though, I didn't really care about this little inconsistency, since I spend very little time on the Multiplayer in any game I play.
I've seen complaints that the game is too linear... well, it should be like that. If you want to do hundreds of side missions before getting 100% go play some GTA. The lack of outfits... well... I guess I could do with a leather jacket, a few shirts, a casual suit and a tailored suit. I mean, it's not like you were expecting rapper clothes in the fifties, right? OK, maybe I should be fair and square and give it a 9/10 just to mix up with the other reviewers on the internet. Anyway, I'd never give this a 4/10 as Eurogamer did. I think they exaggerated. I realize that nowadays only FPS games get good scores on gaming sites. WAKE UP PEOPLE! WHERE IS GAMING AS WE KNEW IT? A GOOD GAME DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A FPS! THESE ARE FOR IDIOTS WHO CAN'T SOLVE A CHALLENGING PUZZLE! Not that there's been anything challenging in Mafia 2, though. Played it on Normal, barely died a few times, the cops are easy to get rid of, way easier than it used to be in GTA IV and the missions are quite short. I mean, 15 hours of overall gameplay (even less for some people) is not what you come up with after working 7 years on a game that only has story mode incorporated. I admit, I didn't see the negative parts of this game in my first review. I was just enthusiastic. But now, having woken up, I'll give it it's correct overall mark: 8.5/10.

2) Broken Sword Playtrough Delayed!
Broken Sword the Angel of Death Playtrough is delayed as of now. I like calling it "delayed", but it's very likely I'll just drop it and only continue it on special request (which I don't think it will be coming any time soon). What am I going to do instead of this? Well... Sam and Max season 3 finale is out now, so... don't you dare go to sleep 'cause "The City that dares not sleep" is fresh out of Telltales' labs and I'm ready to exploit it and show it to you guys and girls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment