Monday, August 9, 2010

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men Review



Kane and Lynch: Dead Men is a 3rd Person Shooter, developed by IO Interactive, the same developer that made the hit series ”Hitman” (lol, nice word usage over there). This time, though, you don't play as the famous silent assassin and you don't have time to plan a strategy and walk through the levels as quietly as possible. No, no. In this game you'll be too busy shooting everything that moves.
You take control of Kane, a former member of some organisation called The7 (no more details, I don't want spoilers!!!), which supposedly doesn't exist anymore. But things go totally wrong when, as he is taken to his execution day, Kane is broken out of police custody by his former organisation and made to retrieve something (it's never revealed what exactly does Kane retrieve) in exchange for his family. Yeah, the old "we kidnapped your wife and daughter and we won't give them back unless you do something for us" cliffhanger is present in the game. God dammit. Eventually, the organisation doesn't respect it's part of the deal and Kane goes on rampage along a gang of people who are supposed to help him take down his enemies and rescue his daughter. The confusing part is, though, that the game has two endings and there's gonna be a sequel released in a few days. I mean, what ending is the sequel going to follow?! Jeez!
Now on to the gameplay. I gotta say, this game is awesome. The best shooter I've ever played in my life (though I haven't played a lot of shooters in my life :D). You can cover behind walls and stuff (the physix is not as great as in GTA IV but it'll do) and you can command your allies to attack, find cover or follow you. That's useful, since the AI goes wherever the heck it wants in this game.
The graphics is great for 2007, the year it was released in, so I've got no comment here. Except for the looks of the characters. Why the fuck are both allies AND enemies dressed THE FUCKING SAME?! That's at the later levels, like in Havana. The only thing that differentiates allies from enemies is a red hat the enemies wear. I mean, who the fuck has the time to check if the guy wears a red hat or not?! I need to shoot or get shot! Jesus!
The multiplayer is awesome all the same. I didn't have time to test it at it's full potential but I liked what I've seen.



Story: 8.5/10
Graphics: 8/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Multiplayer: 9/10
__________________
OVERALL: 8.62/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment